blogger visitor counter

Widgets



Still not convinced about going to the local bike shop and picking up a mountain bike? No worries, in this post I will share with you one of the main advantages (and there are many) of riding a bike on a regular basis; improvement of your overall health. If the promise of increased health benefits is not enough to convince you to get yourself a bike then I don't know what is.

I can personally testify to the major health benefits that result from a daily regular use of a bicycle. I have been riding thirty to forty minutes on average every day for the past six months as I made the decision to switch to cycling as my means of commuting to and from work. I made this choice because (as many of you may have experienced), sitting at a cubicle for eight hours a day, five days a week can cause major health issues in the long run.

Here are some of the health benefits you can experience by cycling on a regular basis:

Weight control - This was at the top of my list of reasons to switch to cycling and I can tell you, after six months I have seen changes. Riding on a regular basis will result in reduced body fat levels and when combined with a healthy diet (for those who would like to lose weight), this exercise can be very effective in burning calories rapidly.

Improvement of cardiovascular health - Like other forms of exercise, a regular schedule of biking will reduce the risk of heart attacks and contribute to overall good health of the heart.

Constant biking can also help to reduce stress levels - There is nothing like hoping on your bike and hitting the road and taking in the fresh air after a long day at the office or early in the morning. I have used biking as a way to cool off if I am experiencing or going through anything stressful as it helps me to think and see things more clearly.

Better Sleep - Not only have I seen this with cycling but I have also experienced this with other exercises, such as when I hit the gym to push weights. It is so much easier to sleep, and the rest you get during those seven to eight hours is so refreshing that you will look forward to your next session of mountain biking.

Increased strength - As you continue to bike regularly you will notice that your stamina, leg strength and endurance will increase. When I first started riding I could not sustain doing so for extended periods but overtime I have experience improvements in my physical abilities. In addition, you can expect to obtain toned legs and tighter abs.

That is a small list of the many health benefits you can expect to receive by making cycling a regular part of your life. You do not have to push yourself to the extreme; do as I did by starting off riding for about an hour one day a week. I did this for about a month and slowly progressed into riding more days per week until I decided to take up riding every day.


For more information on making cycling a part of your lifestyle go here.
Visit my website at Mountain Bicycle World to receive more tips and insights into cycling and bicycles in general.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Trevon_Munroe